Where Do I Go to Exercise?
- Using the following list of parks and recreation districts and areas, research
what is available in your neighborhood.
- Create a publication (report, magazine, brochure, PowerPoint, webpage) that
answers the following:
- What are the three park nearest to you?
- List the facilities (tennis courts, jogging trails, swimming pools, etc.)
that are available
- Get the current brochure of classes offered. What is available for your
age group? Young children if you are a parent? Young adults? Senior citizens?
Tell about each group.
- How could you use the parks near you as part of your physical education?
Park Information - County and Regional Parks
to other amenities in the Sacramento Area:
- Capital City
Golf , City of Sacramento Golf Courses including Arcade Creek, Bing Maloney,
Alister MacKenzie, Bartley Cavanaugh.
- County of
Sacramento Parks and Golf Courses, including Discovery,
Goethe, Gibson Ranch and Ancil Hoffman Parks, Witter Ranch
Historic Farm, and Campus Commons, Ancil Hoffman, Mather, and
Cherry Island Golf Courses.
of Parks and Golf Courses - Recreation Notes, compiled by
- Sacramento area bike
trails - a comprehensive site by the Sacramento Area Council of
Governments, includes the American River
- Old Sacramento - a
- Some sites located in Sacramento, such as Sutter's Fort,
Governor's Mansion, Indian Museum,
Stanford Mansion, and the California
State Railroad Museum are operated by the California State Parks system.
- Take a look at National
Parks in California, too!
- California State Fair at CalExpo